When using Progeny Web, there are two main views that are available to use, the Patients View and the Full View. See the video below for the main differences.
Users in Progeny can manage their basic user profile. On the upper right side of the page, click the drop-down arrow next to the image and select Profile or you can also click the image.
If a name and email have already been entered into a user account, it will then be displayed. Users should sign out of Progeny by clicking Logout.
Profile opens another window with the profile information. Here the user can view/edit their first and last name, email address, and their profile picture. Users can also change their password by entering their Current password, New password, and Confirm new password.
Under the Settings tab, the user can select which Progeny tabs open by default when the user logs in. We recommend you select the tabs you use most often.
If you need additional assistance with using Progeny, there is a help button next to the login logo that can be clicked which then opens the Progeny Learning Center website. From there you can view helpful articles, videos, PDFs, and other reference information.
The different modules in Progeny are displayed on the top of the page. Access to certain modules will only be available depending on your institution’s licensing with Progeny as well as the user permissions for your user account. Use the toolbar by clicking on a module to open the tab to that specific module. Some modules will have a drop down to click so that additional actions pertaining to that model can be displayed.
- Pedigrees – opens the Pedigrees module to review pedigrees in the database.
- Individuals – opens the Individuals module to review individuals in the database.
- Invite Status – opens the Invites module to review invitations.
- Edit Questionnaires – opens the Edit Questionnaires module to customize the FHQs.
- Invites > Email Templates – opens the Email Templates module to edit the FHQ email templates.
- Orders – opens the Orders module to review the order status for Ambry genetic tests.
- Letters – opens the Letters module to create and edit letter templates.
- Individual Spreadsheets – opens the Individual Spreadsheets module to create and load spreadsheets for the individual level.
- Pedigree Spreadsheets – opens the Pedigree Spreadsheets module to create and load spreadsheets for the pedigree level.
- Sample Spreadsheets – opens the Sample Spreadsheets module to create and load spreadsheets for the sample level.
- Samples – opens the Samples module, which contains information about genetic samples.
- Containers – opens the Containers module, which contains information about where the samples are located in a folder or list view.
- Inventory – opens the Inventory module, which contains information about where samples are located in a hierarchical tree-like format.
- Tasks – opens the Tasks module, which allows users to set up reminders to work with certain data or complete certain tasks.
Progeny has three main window panes. The left vertical pane displays the folder organization for a particular functional area in a Windows Explorer-style structure. Click on a folder in the pane to open the folder. As folders and sub-folders are opened in this pane, detailed information about the folder’s content is displayed in the upper and lower horizontal panes on the right (information is displayed in the bottom pane when an item is highlighted in the upper pane).
The folders displayed in the left pane will correspond with the module selected (pedigrees, individuals, or samples, for instance). The panes to the right correspond to parent items on top and sub-items below. For example, if the user is in the Pedigrees module and highlights a pedigree in the upper-right pane, all of the individuals attached to that pedigree are displayed in the lower-right pane. Likewise, if the user is in the Individuals module and highlights an individual then all samples attached to that individual are displayed in the lower-right pane.
The Smart Lists feature allows you to select which columns (fields) you wish to display in the selected module. They are used to quickly search the database from the smart search field. The search results only display the data found in the selected columns (fields). You can sort the results by clicking any of the column headings.
- Filter – filters the view of any field in the smart list so that you can specify the type of filter for that column. As in the picture below, you can choose to only show results that are either equal to, not equal to, less than, and so on.
- Add Column – smart list allows you to add any field to the database to this quick view list.
- Delete Column – deletes any column from the list.
- Clear Sort – resets any sorting that was activated.
Searches the database fields (displayed columns) of the module level (pedigree, individual, sample, and marker). The search is limited to the exact order of the characters in the string. An asterisk (*) can be used as a wildcard to extend the search.
The Pedigrees Actions Menu provides quick access to functions within the pedigree module for your clinical workflow. There are other Actions Menus throughout Progeny that function similarly for their respective modules but may have different menu options.
- Open Pedigree – opens the pedigree canvas for that pedigree.
- Copy Pedigree – creates a copy of the pedigree in the specified folder.
- Move Pedigree – moves the pedigree to another folder.
- Rename Pedigree – renames the pedigree with the additional option to rename individuals.
- Delete Pedigree – deletes a pedigree and the individuals in that pedigree from the database.
- Open Pedigree Datasheet – opens the pedigree datasheet based on the default datasheet for that pedigree.
- Create Shortcut – creates a shortcut of the specified pedigree in a specified location so that changes can be made to the shortcut to reflect on the original pedigree with an additional option to open the shortcut pedigree once saved.
- New Task – allows the creation of a task in relation to the pedigree.
- Generate External Link – generates an external link to view the pedigree.
- Risk Algorithms – exports pedigrees to the specified risk file format.