The Tasks Module centralizes the database tasks that have been created or assigned in a single location. After logging into Progeny, if there are any assigned tasks that have been flagged with a reminder that has a due date less than or equal to the current date, then a Reminders dialogue box opens. The dialogue box then lists the tasks by name. The user can create tasks, assign the task to users, and also edit and delete these tasks.
You can then filter the tasks in the database by Status, Due Date, Priority, and/or User.
New Task button – creates a new task.
New Task options
- Task Name – a name for the task.
- Assigned To – the user that the task is assigned to.
- Status – the different status options for the task
- No Status
- Priority – different priority options
- Set Due Date – sets a due date for the task.
- Add Reminder – adds a reminder date for the task.
- Created Date – the date that the task was created (can’t be modified).
- Date Completed – the date that the task was completed (can’t be modified).
- Type of Query drop-down
- Manually Associate Items – provides the ability to set tasks based on specific pedigrees, individuals, or samples.
- Pedigree Query – provides the ability to set tasks based on the query set for pedigree level fields.
- Individual Query – provides the ability to set tasks based on the query set for individual-level fields.
- Sample Query – provides the ability to set tasks based on the query set for sample level fields.
- Item view pane – displays individuals, pedigrees, samples, or field queries, depending on which type of Query was chosen.