The pedigree datasheet is used to enter and store information about pedigrees in your Progeny database. They function the same as Individual Datasheets, except a Pedigree Datasheet can contain only pedigree database fields.
Formatting a Pedigree Datasheet
You use a pedigree datasheet to enter and store data for a pedigree. When you create a new pedigree, a pedigree datasheet is automatically created for the pedigree. All the pedigrees that are assigned to a pedigree data folder can use the same datasheet format, or each pedigree in the folder can use a unique datasheet format. You can format a pedigree datasheet at the time that you add a pedigree to a data folder, or at a later date.
To format a pedigree datasheet
- Create a pedigree data folder by clicking the New Folder button found in the upper left corner of the Main Progeny window.
- If all the pedigrees that are assigned to the folder are to use the same pedigree datasheet format, make sure to select the Pedigree Datasheet template option shown in the image below; otherwise, keep this option unchecked. After typing in the new folder name in the Folder Name field and selecting the desired Template Options, click Save.
- A message opens indicating the new folder was added successfully. Click OK.
- Create a new pedigree by clicking on the New Ped button and add the pedigree to the desired data folder.
- Once the new pedigree has been created, click Save. A message opens indicating the new pedigree was added successfully, click OK.
- To edit the datasheet of your newly created pedigree, right-click on the pedigree in the pedigree window pane, and on the context menu that opens, click Open Pedigree Datasheet.Next click Form Design on this blank datasheet and format the datasheet as needed by utilizing Style, Fields, Add Text, Add Tab, and Properties buttons shown in the image below.
- If the Pedigree Datasheet template option was selected for this folder when it was created, then all the pedigrees that you subsequently add to the folder will use the same datasheet format for entering and storing data; otherwise, you must manually format the datasheet for each pedigree that you add to the folder.
- Add all the needed pedigrees to the folder. After you have added all of the needed pedigrees to the folder, right-click on any pedigree in the folder and on the context menu that opens, click Open Pedigree Datasheet. If during the creation of this folder, the Pedigree Datasheet template option was selected, then all pedigrees that are currently added to the folder or pedigrees that you continue to add to the folder will use this same datasheet format for entering and storing data; otherwise, you must format a datasheet for each pedigree in the folder.