Progeny software now includes a Genetic Testing Results (GTR) table which integrates your patient’s genetic testing results into your Progeny database, improving the efficiency of oncology testing workflows. After ordering genetic tests through the Ambry Order button within Progeny, the results are automatically loaded into the GTR.
Test results from other labs can also be entered manually into these tables. Once the test is selected, the gene panel will be populated automatically with the genes on that panel.
When tests are completed or canceled, a red number will appear on the bell icon on your Progeny navigation bar indicating how many unread messages are in the list. Click the bell icon (#1 below) to reveal a summary list (#2 below) of notifications naming the patient, the test status and name, and the notification date.
You can select a notification to open a list of the patient’s tests or click the x to remove it from the summary list.
Click Dismiss All to clear the entire notifications summary list.
From the Orders module, you can track the status of Ambry tests.
This does require you configure Progeny with AP2 credentials. You can register for AP2 credentials at http://www.progenygenetics.com/support/ambryorder. For Progeny Cloud customers, this is configured automatically. For Progeny on-site customers, a support representative will contact you afterward to help configure your Progeny application. Free training will also be provided.
Once Ambry ordered test results are completed, they are automatically loaded into the Progeny GTR table and viewable as PDF documents.
The results are stored in the Progeny database and summarized as system level (uneditable) fields. They can be used throughout Progeny when running queries, generating letters, or generating summary reports.
Accessing the Genetic Testing Results Table within Progeny
For your convenience, the GTR table can be accessed from four different menus in Progeny:
- The Pedigrees module main screen
- The Individuals module main screen
- The pedigree canvas toolbar
- The Orders module
Pedigree Module Main Screen
- Pedigrees module.
- Select a pedigree.
- Then in the Individuals pane at the lower part of the screen, select the Actions drop-down menu to the left of an individual then select Open Test Results.
Individuals Module Main Screen
- Individuals module.
- Select the Actions drop-down menu to the left of an individual then select Open Test Results.
Pedigree Canvas Toolbar
From the pedigree canvas, select an individual on the pedigree then click the Test Results menu button at the top of the screen.
From the Orders module, click the Actions drop-down menu, then select Open Test Results.
Manually Inputting Genetic Test Results
When manually entering the genetic test data, the data can be entered into the GTR table when ordering the test from the lab, or after the genetic test results have been received. As previously mentioned, genetic test results are added automatically when ordered from Ambry Genetics, increasing productivity and reducing chances of human error.
To begin adding genetic test data manually, click the + New Test button on the genetic testing results page.
This opens the Test Details window where you will manually enter the appropriate data for the genetic test. Once entered, the data can be used throughout Progeny like other fields.
Fields in the Test Details Window
- Lab: From the drop-down list, select the lab where the results are from.
- Test: Select the genetic test and Progeny will auto-populate the list of genes on the right pane of the Test Details.
- Submitted Date: Select the date that the test was submitted to the lab, using the date picker.
- Reported Date: Select the date that the test results were reported back to you, using the date picker.
- Reclass Date: Enter the date the variant definition changed using the date picker.
- Status: Select the test status, either In Progress, Reported, or Cancelled, using the drop-down menu.
- Result: This field summarizes significant results (all non-negative results) from the Classification column in the right pane of the Test Details.
- Document: The upload icon on this field allows you to navigate your computer and upload multiple files/documents associated with this test. A link to these documents will appear in the Test Results window under the document column.
- Notes: You can enter notes related to this test. The notes will also show on the Test Results.
- Gene: This column lists the genes in the panel selected from the Test field to its right.
- Variant: The actual name of the gene mutation, the polymorphism, the variant, or the alteration is entered here.
- Classification: Choose either Pathogenic, Likely Pathogenic, VUS, Likely Benign, or Negative.
- Prior Classification: Choose either Pathogenic, Likely Pathogenic, VUS, Likely Benign, or Negative.
- Add Row: Allows you to add another row to the table in order to add another gene.
- Delete Row: Delete a single or multiple rows by selecting the check-box to the right of the row(s) then click Delete Row.
- Cancel: Click this button to exit the Test Details windows without saving any information you entered.
- Save: Click this button to save the data entered into your database.
If you wish to add or remove genes from panels, for example, to match a test order placed, or to create a panel not listed in the Test drop-down field, use the Add Row or Delete Row options mentioned above.
The Test Results Window
Here you can see a summary of all genetic testing for a particular individual.
The columns in the Test Results window correspond to the fields in the Test Details window.
The Actions drop-down menu shows View Test Details, which gives the option to open the Test Details window for the selected test or Delete Test, which will delete the test and remove the information from your database.
Select the test name under the Test column to view the details of the test in the GTR table.
The test results from Ambry orders are linked as an icon under the Document column. You can also view documents manually uploaded to the GTR table in the Document field upload button.